At DTL, we understand that ‘one size does not fit all’ when it comes to having an apprentice. Our services provide a flexible model to employers to ensure that they are able to recruit apprentices for the period they require and without having to cut through ‘red tape’. As such, we committed to ensuring a high quality service is maintained.
Our Apprenticeships programme operates in line with quality standards and includes the minimum National Apprenticeship Services (NAS) Apprenticeship Training Agency operating framework which all adheres to the following:
- Comply with all employment legislation and law including that pertaining to privacy, freedom of information and trade practices
- Adopt all Health & Safety Executive (HSE) standards pertaining to the employment of apprentices
- Comply with the National Apprenticeships(NAS) framework and Skills Funding Agency (SFA) requirements.
- Comply with the Agency workers regulations
To ensure that we provide the highest quality service, our Apprenticeship standards all cover the following:
- Standard 1: Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Standard 2: Effective financial management procedures
- Standard 3: Effective administration and record management procedures
- Standard 4: Effective corporate governance
- Standard 6: Access and equity
- Standard 7: Ethical practice
- Standard 8: Quality
Apprenticeships – What are Apprenticeships?
Apprenticeships are work-based training programmes which provide ‘on the job’ experience within a specified sector.
The Apprenticeship programmes are developed in conjunction with Sector Skills Councils, to provide training which meet the needs of both the sector and employers while raising the skills standards within industry.
Apprenticeships bring considerable value to organisations, employers, individuals and the economy. Businesses across the country are now increasingly realising the enormous benefits that Apprenticeships create, not only in terms of a highly skilled workforce but also by boosting productivity and staff retention.
Taking on an apprentice can benefit your business in a number of ways. Apprenticeships offer a structured training programme for your apprentice, combining in study with on-the-job training. DTL will provide support for you and your apprentice/employee throughout the process to help you get the best from the training.
Employer and Learner Engagement
We specialise in finding employers with staff needing work based learning and are expert at explaining funded training programmes and identifying eligible candidates. We are up to date with funding eligibility and criteria for work based learning such as Traineeships, Apprenticeships and NVQ/Diplomas, and can help businesses and providers meet their funding allocations.
The service includes the following:
- Learner and employer engagement (employed starts for Apprenticeships and stand-alone qualifications)
- Apprentice Recruitment / Matching Service (Engaging the learner and employer and successfully matching)
- Pre-employment services (occupational work tasters)
- Vacancy generation / Work placement generation for Traineeships
- Assessor Recruitment.
We provide a professional redundancy support service for those under threat of redundancy.
- Provide career management advice and guidance
- Identify possible sources of funding
- Provide information on job vacancies
- Help with CVs, completion of application forms and letters of application